If your identity is a corporate identity, then the corporate Galaxkey administrator can reset the password for you. If your identity is individual identity, then you can reset your password using backup of your identity.
If you happen to forget your password, you can reset it using the 'FORGOT PASSWORD' button on the login page. The pre-requisite for this is that you MUST have a Galaxkey identity backup (GXB) file.
To reset your Galaxkey Password
- Click the 'FORGOT PASSWORD' button.
- On the Password Recovery page, enter your Galaxkey login id or a registered email id in the Login ID or Email address field. Enter the verification captcha in the Input Symbols field. Click the 'START PASSWORD RECOVERY' button.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to to proceed with the password recovery. If you do not receive one within 15 mins., please send an email to email@example.com. Also note that the link is valid for two hours only.
- Click on the 'Start Password Recovery Process' link in the e-mail that you have received.
- A new window will open, which will guide you through the three-step password recovery process. The three steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Upload Galaxkey Backup file: Please locate and upload your Galaxkey Identities backup file and click the 'NEXT' button. With this you will proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Password: Enter you backup file password in the 'Password for the backup file' field. In the 'New Password' and 'Confirm' fields, enter the new password for your Galaxkey account. Click the 'NEXT' button to proceed to the next step.
- Step 3: Finish: This will list all the identities for which the password will be reset. Click the 'PROCEED AND CHANGE PASSWORD' button to complete the process.
- Password will be reset for all identities - active, inactive, awaiting response, awaiting activation from admin (as applicable)
- If any of your identities is NOT present in the backup file, regeneration will be required.