All your identities are stored on the server and secured using your Galaxkey password. It is important to back up these identities, for resetting your Galaxkey password.
The Maintenance tab helps you download the identities from the server in an encrypted file (ext. - .GXB). We recommend you to secure the downloaded backup file on some storage device.
Galaxkey has an alert system that intimates you that there has been a change in the status of your identities and that a back-up is required. Even otherwise, a periodic back-up is recommended.
- Log on to Galaxkey Manager.
- Click on the 'Click Here' link on the alert displayed when you log on. Alternately, go to the Identities > Maintenance.
- Enter your Galaxkey password in the 'Please enter your Galaxkey Password' textbox.
- The identities are downloaded in a secured '.GXB' file. Provide a password for this in the 'Backup Password' and confirm it in the 'Confirm Backup Password' fields and click on the 'DOWNLOAD' button. Please note that the backup password should be ten characters long.
- On the next page, click on the 'CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD' button. The backup file will be downloaded to the default downloads folder with the name format '<Galaxkey Login id>_GALAXKEY_IDENTITIES_BACKUP_<timestamp>.GXB'.
- Store this file on some secure storage device.